How to decide what is right the right soccer program for your child and your family
One of the most frequently asked questions is "What is Fairhope Rangers Academy Soccer?"and how is it different than recreational soccer?
- There is no selection/tryout process. Skill evaluations may be held to form teams in a fair and balanced method.
- All players who register are assigned to a team.
- There is usually a one-time registration fee, which includes uniform
- Players benefit from the opportunity for social interaction with other players their own age and physical fitness aspects of the game while also developing better soccer skills.
- All games are held at the Fairhope Soccer Complex every weekend/sometimes weeknight (Tuesday/Thursday) for 7-8 weeks.
- Typically, coaches are parent volunteers.
Fairhope Rangers Academy Program
- Player Evaluations are held twice a year to identify players on the basis of ability and best interest for ages 7-12. As of Spring 2019, we are transitioning from "Tryout/evaluations" process to a more relaxed, player friendly "Open house/pickup" environment.
- Players selected for Academy teams are committing to their team for the full year August-May minus the brief winter break.
- Players selected for Academy teams are also financially committing to their team for the full year.
- Additional costs for uniform and travel
- Academy teams play in local playdates and tournaments. (Away playdates and tournaments are typically within an hour drive from our home soccer complex.)
- All coaches are licensed and paid. Academy coaches are not volunteers.
How do I know what's right for my child and my family?
Before committing to an Academy soccer team, you should evaluate several things about your child and your lifestyle:
- Am I, the parent, willing to make the financial commitment of the team fees and travel expenses for the year?
- Am I, the parent, willing to make the commitment of getting my child to two practices per week during the season? Academy teams typically practice mid-August through early December for Fall season and mid-January through mid-May for Spring season.
- Am I, the parent, willing to make the commitment of getting my child to games on the weekend, even out of town games? (Tournament/Playdate travel is usually within an hour drive from our home soccer complex)
- Am I, the parent, willing to allow my child to play some games on Sunday or even during a weeknight in the event of a reschedule?
- Does my child have time in their schedule? Can he/she balance school, homework, school sports, and/or other extra curricular activities to commit to an competitive team?
- Does my child want to play soccer competitively rather than only 7-8 weeks as in a recreational program?
If you answered "yes" to the questions above, then Fairhope Rangers Academy is right for you!
If you still have some questions regarding our Fairhope Rangers Academy program, please contact Nick Cooper, Director of Coaching.