Fairhope Recreation Soccer is the recreational youth soccer program serving the Fairhope area as well as surrounding areas. Fairhope Soccer is a volunteer organization that has partnered with the City of Fairhope to provide the equivalent of city-league youth soccer. Fairhope Soccer is open to players of all skill and athletic levels and there are no try-outs required. Our soccer program(s) gives players the opportunity to have fun playing soccer, learn fundamentals, and get some good fitness.
Beginning this spring 2020 season, all U6-U8 teams will participate in a scheduled training schedule providing multiple sessions with our Grassroots Coordinator, Development Coordinator, and Director of Coaching. A schedule will be set for multiple teams each week to participate. This schedule will follow a cycle throughout the 8 week season allowing for multiple sessions under the guidance of our licensed professional coaches.
- Teams are formed by age groups/birth years
- U6 (2014)
- U8 (2012-2013)
- U10 (2010-2011)
- U12 (2008-2009)
- Only Coed teams in U6
- All players will be placed in their appropriate age group.
- Request for playing up in age group will be allowed but subject to a staff evaluation.
- Playing Format
- U6-U8 will play 3v3 or 4v4 Fall & Spring
- U10 will play 7v7 in Fall; 4v4 or 5v5 in Spring
- U12 will play 7v7 or 9v9 in Fall; 5v5 in Spring
- All playing formats may be adjusted for registration numbers
Coaches are need for all age groups. Please indicate during registration. Equipment & coach shirt provided. For more information regarding coaching, visit Coaching Corner
Registration Fees: $110 inlcude jersey, player insurance, league fees, post game drink & snack
- Soccer Ball (Size 3 for U6-U8 / Size 4 for U10-U12)
- Shin Guards
- Water Bottle
- Soccer Cleats (No baseball or football cleats allowed)
Game Day Uniform:
- In Fall--All players receive a game day uniform which includes, jersey, shorts & socks
- In Spring--Only jersey is included. Players must provide black shorts & black socks for game day
Players MUST have the above equipment for every practice & games during the season.
- All practices/games are located at Fairhope Soccer Complex. 18383 County Rd. 13 unless other specified
- Practice day & time depends on your volunteer coach. Below are our practice day guidelines for our coaches.
- U8 & below 1-2 days/week or at least 4 practices before games begin then 1 game/1 practice ratio is plenty for this age group for about 45 minutes.
- U10 & above—2 days/week or at least 4 practices before games begin then 1-2 practices/1 game or 2 games/1 practice, no more than 3 touches per week for about an 1hour.
- Depending on your coach, he/she will schedule Monday-Thursday either @ 5:30pm or 6:45pm.
- Game times vary:
- Saturday Times--8:30am-12noon
- Tuesday/Thursday--5:45pm, 6pm, 7:15pm
- Schedules will be posted online at least one week prior to opening day.
- Teams formation begins after registration closes
- Coaches will receive rosters 2 weeks prior to opening day
- Coaching Meeting--Mandatory Each Season--TBA