Fairhope Soccer League (FSL) is the recreational youth soccer program serving the Fairhope area as well as surrounding areas. FSL is a volunteer organization that has partnered with the City of Fairhope to provide the equivalent of city-league youth soccer. FSL is open to players of all skill and athletic levels and there are no try-outs required. Our recreation program gives players the opportunity to have fun playing soccer, learn fundamentals, and get some good fitness.
- Soccer Ball (Size 3 for U6-U8 / Size 4 for U10-U12)
- Shin Guards
- Water Bottle
- Soccer Cleats (No baseball or football cleats allowed)
All players receive a game day jersey, shorts & socks. Players MUST have the above equipment for every practice & games during the season.
- All practices/games are located at Fairhope Soccer Complex. 18383 County Rd. 13 unless other specified
- Practice day & time depends on your volunteer coach. Below are our practice day guidelines for our coaches.
- U8 & below 1-2 days/week or at least 4 practices before games begin then 1 game/1 practice ratio is plenty for this age group for about 45 minutes.
- U10 & above—2 days/week or at least 4 practices before games begin then 1-2 practices/1 game or 2 games/1 practice, no more than 3 touches per week for about an 1hour.
- Depending on your coach, he/she will schedule Monday-Thursday either @ 5:30pm or 6:45pm.
- Game dates:
- Saturday--September 22nd, 29th; October 6th;
- Tuesday or Thursday (9th or 11th), (16th or 18th), (23rd or 25th),
- Saturday--November 3rd, 10th
- Game times vary:
- Saturday Times--8:30am-12noon
- Tuesday/Thursday--5:45pm, 6pm, 7:15pm
- Schedules will be posted online at least one week prior to opening day.
- Teams will be formed after registration closes August 29th
- Coaches will receive rosters between September 4th--September 7th
- Practice may begin as early as September 5th
- Coaching Meeting--TBA